The arrangements for the admission of pupils with Special Needs or disabilities to gain admission as pupils to London Meed School fall within our duties under the Equality Act 2010 and are the same as those applied to all pupils. Admission is in the first instance arranged by application to the Local Education Authority. If successful, London Meed School then receives notification that a child has been allocated a place at London Meed School.
For admissions please visit the West Sussex Admissions website
We will use our best endeavours to ensure that no child is unable to attend London Meed Primary because of any special need or disability. In order to promote equality of opportunity for disabled children we will make reasonable adjustments (including the provision of auxiliary aids and services) to prevent them being put under a disadvantage.
In practice we ensure that classroom and extra-curricular activities encourage the participation of all pupils, including those categorised as having Special Educational Needs. Staff organise human and physical resources within the school to increase access to learning and participation by all pupils.
Existing facilities provided to assist access to the school by pupils with disabilities:
- Wheelchair access onto school grounds at the main entrance
- Disabled parking is available near the main entrance.
- The building is on one level
- Wheelchair access into the school at the main entrance. Door is fully accessible and equipped with automatic sliding doors
- Induction hearing loops are fitted in the administration office and main hall
- Exterior lighting to improve evening access.
- Children’s disabled toilets and one adult disabled toilet.
Please also see the Accessibility Policy.
Updated September 2022